Frequently Asked Questions
Who do I contact about Membership, Certification, and general questions about IABC?
The Member Services office in Clarence, New York, is here to assist you with all questions pertaining to IABC. You may contact them directly by calling 1-844-843-IABC (4222). You may also email the office at email@example.com
All applications for membership or certification, as well as renewals may be sent to:
IABC Member Services
11478 Main Street
Clarence, NY 14031
Who do I contact for specific question about the Certification process and any variations or adjustments in the Certification process?
The Executive Vice President, Dr. Kevin Hurt (see the Certification Manual, page 27). You may email Dr. Hurt directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or call him at the Headquarters at (303) 469-IABC (4222), extension 156.
Is Membership required with IABC in order to be certified?
Membership is a pre-requisite to begin the Certification process.
What are the fees for Membership?
$60 - (See the Membership Manual, page 4)
What are the fees for Certification?
$75 - (See the Certification Manual, page 27)
Are there any additional fees in the Certification Process?
Yes - $40 for application processing and background check, $300 mentoring fee (see the Certification Manual, page 27)
How quickly can I expect a return call when I leave a message?
Within the week of your call.
I forgot my password... how do I reset it?
1. Go to www.iabc.net.
2. On the top of the website you will see a navigation bar, place your mouse over the tab titled, "Contact Us".
3. A new tab will drop down titled, "Your Account", click on that tab.
4. You will be redirected to a different webpage where you can login to the website. Below where you would type in your login credentials there is a link that says, "Forgot?". Click on that link.
5. After clicking on the link a box will appear for you to type your email address in. Type in your email address and click the button labeled "Reset".
6. Then a new, temporary password will be sent to your email from our website's provider, Elexio. Be sure to check your spam/junk folder if you cannot find it in your inbox.
7. Then go back to www.iabc.net and go to the "Your Account" page. Once there use your email and the new, temporary Elexio sent you to login into the website.
8. Lastly, your account information will be visible. There you will be able to create a new password by putting in your old password (the temporary password from Elexio) and typing in the new password you would like to use to login with.
9. Then click save and you should be all set!
N.B. When you save your information, the page will refresh and all of the boxes will be blank again. This means that everything saved correctly.
My email has changed... how do I change it on the website/in my user settings?
To update your email address/login email please follow the steps below:
1. Go to www.iabc.net.
2. On the top of the website you will see a navigation bar, place your mouse over the tab titled, “Contact Us”.
3. A new tab will drop down titled “Your Account”, click on that tab.
4. You will be redirected to a different webpage where you can login to the website. To do this type in your current username and password.
5. Lastly, your account information will be visible. There you will be able to enter your new email which you would like to login with.
6. Then click save, and you should be all set!
What do I do if I am interested in serving as an IABC Training Center, or having my counseling ministry become an IABC Affiliate Ministry?
Contact the Executive Vice President, Dr. Kevin Hurt to request an application form and to discuss the possibility of becoming an IABC Training Center or an Affiliate Ministry.
As a current ACBC certified member how do I obtain Certification with IABC?
(see the Certification Manual, page 6, for the "current" process)
What do I do if a webpage looks off or the pictures and/or content I am looking for does not show up?
If you are experiencing issues on a webpage, press the Ctrl and F5 keys at the same time to refresh your internet cache on your browser. Doing this should correct the display issue you are having.